Sunday, September 16, 2012

Make a Gift Wrapper Wall Frame


Mona Lisa's wall frame had been sitting for quite some time in the corner of my room in my parent's house. I like the replica of the world's best known art work- Mona Lisa, with her enchanting smile, an enigmatic model, with a charm I wanted to describe as beautiful, yet I also wanted to describe as simple, plain and ordinary. Somehow, it seems I experienced the same dilemma art interpreters, art enthusiasts and fanatics felt when they saw this uncanny piece of art. 
However, even this fake replica seems so real that it gives me goose bumps when I am looking at it. Its seems she's looking at me as well.

Trust me, even if Louvre Museum entrusted the Mona Lisa painting to me, I am not gonna accept it. They can contact me if they want another view how modern woman viewed this centuries-old art, look at it, scrutinize it some more but will never dream having it at my own home. Good thing it is priceless, the latter reason is impossible.

I am amazed how a plain replica could make me feel uncomfortable so I decided to get it out of my room, recycled the frame and make it useful again.

Let's start:
1.a Prepare materials such as the old frame, hammer, scissors, ruler, pencil, eraser, pliers, glue


1.b Nails, double-sided adhesives
1.c Your choice of glossy gift wrapper and white cartolina
2. Carefully removed the tape at the back of the frame
3. Removed the nails
4. Took off the board from the frame
5. Removed remaining  nails
6. Scraped the portrait from the board
7. Cut a cartolina, same size as the wooden board
8. Using a ruler, make a border with same width at all sides
9. Cut the center of the cartolina
10. Cut the gift wrapper as well (same width and length as the board)
11. Glue one side of the white cartolina
12. Place the cartolina border on top of the gift wrapper
13. Return the frame and nail the board in the frame
14. Place double sided tape at all sides and hang at your chosen spot
My new decor found a new home in my boarding house and it matches the living room's motif .

 *** dReaM, CreAte, InsPire ***

*** Craftaholic Pinay ***

 



2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to do this craft before, with a snoopy art poster calendar. Too cute kasi to throw away e. Hehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Tin. Yes, go ahead and use the snoopy poster as your wall decor.

      Delete