Sunday, March 10, 2013

Impromptu Sea Shells Bracelet


I made this sea shell bracelet in Dampalitan Island from the shells abundant in the beach.
My initial plan was to make a kite from the twigs in the area,but I bought crepe papers instead of japanese paper and so my dream kite flying wasn't successful and thought of making a bracelet instead. 
I got bored from waiting for the rest of the guys to return for they checked the other side of the island where a pond raising shrimps was located.
When they returned, I already had a new accessory for next day adventure to Borawan Island. Cool!

From this experience, I learned that dried shells away from the sea water are easier to poke hole in it but breaks easily while those still in the water are harder to poke hole but less fragile. I recommended the latter.

Materials/Procedures:
1. Gather shells, thread, knife and rock.
2. Poke hole in the shells.
3. Cut enough thread and place shell alternately.
4. Make an adjustable knot.

*** dReaM, CreAte, InsPire ***

*** Craftaholic Pinay ***

No comments:

Post a Comment